Sunday, February 01, 2009

YIKES

People! It's been a while. I'm back at BYU-I. My teachers are kicking my butt and I'm penniless, but as always I'm very blessed and fantastically happy to be here. My Advanced Research and Literary Interpretation teacher seems to think that we couldn't possibly have anything to do but her homework, but I am learning HEAPS about writing from her. Check this out: We are each editors of an academic journal and we receive floods of essays from our classmates. We have to edit these essays 3 times each. On top of that we are submitting our own essays to other journals, receiving feedback, revising, and resubmitting our writing. We also have reading and other assignment for the class AND we have to prepare for a weekly private meeting with the professor. I don't know how she sleeps at night. I'm whining. Forgive. I really do love school.

Crazy Adv Res teacher
+Spanish 201
+Exceptional Students (SpEd 360)
+Book of Mormon 121
+Book of Mormon 122
+Neoclassic and Romantic Literature

= No time for a job.

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Blogger Tio Bruno said...

"Student exceptionality"? Is that like Special Class for college students? And why two Book of Mormon classes?

 
At February 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I'm a little bit behind on the religion credits since I'm a transfer student, so I'm making up for lost time. Thus, two Book of Mormon classes. I got mixed up on the title of that class. The textbook is called "Human Exceptionality" and the class is Exceptional Students, otherwise known as SpEd 360. I'm majoring in English Education and Special Education is a required course. So, yes, it is a class for college students who are so special that we actually CHOSE to be teachers. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home