Monday, March 30, 2009

Only in Rexburg

I held the door for a young man in Wranglers and he said, "Thankee kindly."

A girl in Relief Society mentioned that she is going to Florida, and the class sighed collectively.

We have a refrigerator magnet that reads, "Don't be a Son of Perdition."

Three separate cars failed to yield and almost hit me in one trip through the roundabout.

My roommates watch animated movies almost as often as live-action ones.

Every single guy in my Brit Lit class is married.

If I need help with my Spanish homework in a public place I just raise my voice and ask, "Does anyone here speak Spanish?" and I always get a response.

All 6 of my FHE brothers wore dark suits, white shirts, and pink ties to church last week.

We always notice and appreciate temperatures above 40 degrees.

I could go on, but I'll save it for another time.

4 Comments:

At March 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Anonymous Julia said...

Classic.

 
At April 8, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Blogger Tio Bruno said...

Every "single" guy is married? Doesn't that disqualify them from being single? I'm sooo confused. I speak Spanish! So does your dad.

 
At July 24, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Actually, The expression "Thankee Kindly" is included in Thomas J. Wrangler's Chart of Acceptable Phrases For Use Around Womenfolk. This handy guide is neatly tucked into the left front (fifth) pocket of every crisp new pair of denim trousers sold by the Wrangler Company.

 
At January 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Blogger Janel said...

Classic comments.

-Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home